Weekday meals are hectic, plain and simple. Although, I’ve found if I dedicate an hour or so per week to plan our meals out ahead of time, the “witching hour” goes much smoother. What’s the “witching hour” you ask?
If you’re a parent you probably already know, but Nick and I refer to it as the time after work until you have supper on the table. Our kids often transform into out of control little humans during this time, further delaying supper if you don’t already have a solid plan.
That’s where these little “muffins” come in. They’re super simple, fast, and don’t require a ton of ingredients. Our girls bless us with eggs on the regular, so we’re always looking for fun, new ways to incorporate eggs into our meals.
Best part about this recipe? You will also likely have leftovers! (Sorry to any leftover haters out there, but leftovers in my opinion are a perfect lazy meal prep hack!).
Make it an entire meal by adding a veggie and a carb! I paired this with sauted red potatoes and sliced green bell pepper. These side dishes were fast to prep on the stovetop while the muffins baked in the oven.
What other ways do you like to use eggs to create main dishes? If you have chickens, what breeds do you prefer?
Turkey Bacon & Egg Protein Muffins
- 12 slices turkey bacon
- 12 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 3/4 cup shredded cojack cheese
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees
- Spray a 12 serving muffin pan with light cooking spray
- In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs, milk, and paprika until well blended, set aside
- Place 1 slice of turkey bacon wrapped around inside edge of each muffin slot
- Carefully pour the egg mixture into the 12 muffin slots, divide evenly
- Sprinkle the 3/4 cup of shredded cheese equally amongst the 12 muffin slots
- Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 15 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown